Moderators/Instructors and participants.
Joining a Blackboard Collaborate session is possible when a Moderator has created a Blackboard Collaborate session.
- The session moderator will provide a link to the session via e-mail or EleUM.
- click Join Room. Three things can happen:
- If this is your first time using the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher: Blackboard Collaborate prompts you to download and install the launcher. Install it before proceeding.
- If you installed Blackboard Collaborate Launcher: Blackboard Collaborate prompts you to open the m
- If you installed the launcher but Blackboard Collaborate prompts you to download it: Click Launch Blackboard Collaborate now. This may happen in the following situations:
- You cleared your cache and cookies last time you exited your browser.
- You are using private or secure browsing.
- You installed the launcher using one browser but now are launching a session in another browser.
- Your browser prompts you to open the
meeting.collabfile. How you open the file depends on which browser you are using. The behavior of each browser may vary depending on how you configured its settings.
- Firefox asks you what to do with the .collab file. Select Open with and then Blackboard Collaborate Launcher from the drop-down list. If there is no drop-down list, click Choose and open your Downloads folder to select Blackboard Collaborate Launcher.
- Internet Explorer asks you what to do with the .collab file. Click Open.
- Chrome presents the .collab file at the bottom of your browser window. Click the file name.
- Your Blackboard Collaborate session opens.
See for more information Blackboard help